OwnLocal is a fun-loving and hardworking Austin-area startup with a crazy plan to help local media companies survive in the digital age. We built this fancy tech to automatically generate digital campaigns for their local business advertisers. OwnLocal powers digital services 2,600+ media partners across North America, Europe, and Australia to drive success for local marketers.
We're backed by Y Combinator, 500 Startups, and tons of other awesome SV and ATX investors. We're profitable, cash flow positive, and have found our product market fit.
You are ready to be a part of a tight-knit team that operates with purpose and passion. You care about the people you work with and want to do the best work of your life alongside them.
You want to take an active role in helping C-level media executives enhance their digital products and services. You are confident in your ability to be our partners’ dedicated point person when they have issues, concerns, requests, or general questions. You’re ready to handle high level support issues, report and billing questions and aren’t afraid to routinely reach out to partners to ensure their satisfaction.
You have honed your enterprise or SaaS account management skills in previous roles and get a thrill out of problem solving, even in complex situations. You have extremely strong oral and written communication skills and are looking for a role where you can leverage those talents to better serve clients. You thrive on accountability and are driven by monthly or quarterly revenue goals.
Here are some things you’ll do every day
- Act as main point of contact for new and existing partners for product support, troubleshooting and general Q&A
- Support in the Onboarding process from signed contract to first happily paid invoice
- Participate in new partners’ initial Onboarding sessions to greet them and familiarize them with our software
- Build great relationships with new and existing partners and ensure successful launch and life
- Advise partners on strategy, tactics, and best practices to better equip them for success
- Increase partner retention by conducting regular check-in calls and addressing/facilitating any questions or concerns
- Own complex partner issues, and work cross-functionally as needed to drive a prompt resolution
- Track accounts to identify retention risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk
- Support Account Executive to execute client success plan
- Help collect information, surveys, and stories to share with marketing for use in case studies
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly status updates with accounts to review performance
- Organize and oversee to completion all audit requests
You should probably apply if you meet these minimum requirements:
- 2-5+ years of experience managing complex multi-million-dollar accounts
- Ability to self manage and prioritize tasks
- Capable of delivering a white-glove experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both externally and internally facing
- Above average presentation and phone skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once
- Take initiative to get what you need by asking questions
- Experience in client-facing roles (SaaS experience, large scale account management, etc.)
You should really seriously apply if any of the following applies to you:
- Ability to triage and effectively escalate or de-escalate issues as needed while understanding the impact on the overall business
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Ability to learn new software and communicate that expertise to all technical skill levels
- Demonstrated adaptability and initiative to implement effective change and improve service
- Ability to present PowerPoint via webinars while keeping everyone on the call awake and engaged
- Ability to use Excel in a way that frightens and confuses mere mortals
- Experience managing onboarding for any enterprise-level software (or having actually used the word "onboarding" in a conversation with a real person)
- Your idea of fun involves using SalesForce, HubSpot, or any other complex CRM to track customer and company wins
About OwnLocal Culture
OwnLocal has a culture of ownership, humor, and mastery. Our team is small enough to allow you to see how your work affects the bottom line and large enough to be stable. We appreciate that work schedules can be personal, but we very much value the time we spend together as a team. You’re an adult and we treat you like one.
We like to experiment. We're proud to make mistakes (but more proud of our successes). We're always improving. One of our least favorite phrases is, “That’s how it’s always been done.” We encourage an inquisitive and curious spirit at OwnLocal, knowing that the only certainty is change.
About Our Sales Team Culture
Our sales team is a tight-knit group that genuinely cares for one another and operates with purpose and passion. We come from a variety of sales backgrounds but all live by the same core principle: to help each other be the best people we can be and become the best in the world at what we do.
We are a group of almost unhealthy competitive hunters that manage to have fun while operating with intense urgency. We welcome the challenge and thrive on success. No two days are the same as OwnLocal is growing incredibly fast. Problem-solving, critical thinking, sales and proactive action are in our DNA. We’re looking for someone to help us evolve from good to great to legendary.
This position offers a salary of $35,000 per year, depending on experience and includes company stock options with up to an additional $12,500-$25,000 in annual bonuses (paid monthly). We do not accept any emails or phone calls about this position.
We are looking to fill this role immediately.
Are you still here? Apply now!