*Update*: News & Schmooze is now SOLD OUT!
A few important notes for registered guests:
- Space is limited and a ticket does NOT guarantee entry. We have a full guest, so we encourage you to arrive on time to claim a spot.
- Bring your ID! This is a 21+ event and your ID will be required at the door.
- Please have your tickets handy at the door, ready to be scanned. Mobile and printed tickets both accepted.
- Need to access your ticket? Check your inbox for an Eventbrite confirmation, which includes your ticket and instructions for how to download it for mobile or print. You can also visit our Eventbrite page here and use the password mediamixer2017 to get more event details and access your ticket. Just be sure you're logged in to Eventbrite, using the same email address you used to RSVP.
Thank you to everyone who RSVP'd! We're excited see you there.
In Austin for SXSW this year? We're hosting our 4th annual News & Schmooze Media Mixer, a SXSW event for media companies, startups and investors.
Join us March 10th from 5:30—8:00PM as we pop the champagne and celebrate the opening of our new office space! Located in a historic building just blocks from the Capitol, our industrial loft-style space is the perfect place to escape the SXSW craziness and mix and mingle with other media industry folks. We’ll have live music, craft cocktails, and good Texas eats all night.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Get excited for local libations from Dripping Springs Vodka & Gin and Deep Eddy Vodka! We'll have re:3D's super-cool Gigabot 3D printer on the floor and Pretty Instant behind the lens to document all the fun.
Shoutout to Our Media Showcase Startups
Five innovative startups will take the stage during News & Schmooze's Media Showcase this year. They’ll introduce themselves and present brief pitches to investors in attendance. Here’s a look who's on deck:
- Knight Foundation. Supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities, and foster the arts. Presented by Benoit Wirz.
- Plympton. A literary studio that works on innovative projects in publishing. Produced a VR film for the New York Times based on George Saunders' new novel. It is also curating digital shorts for the NYPL. Partners include Audible, HarperCollins, Penguin Random House, Twitter, Warby Parkers, and the White House. Presented by Jennifer 8. Lee.
- Spott. Finally buy everything you see in video content! With Spott's face/pattern structure recorgnition, we can analyze any type of content and make it shoppable and interactive. This offers great opportunity for content monetization, consumer engagement and aggregated user data. Presented by Stephanie Scheller.
- re:3D. Life-size, affordable, 3D printing solutions. Presented by Mike Strong.
- OwnLocal. Partners with local media companies to transform their traditional advertisements into sophisticated digital marketing campaigns. Presented by Jeremy Mims.